Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kondylatos jewels featured @ “Moss” magazine

Kondylatos jewels featured @ “Moss” magazine
October 2015
Interview – Pericles Kondylatos, le joaillier privilégié de Lady Gaga !
1. Hi Pericles, welcome on The Moss Magazine. We discovered your work and we found it really original and artistic. What inspires you ?
Everything is an inspiration for me, nature, the animals, a moment of clarity in my mind, life itself is an inspiration. They say that artists need an inspiration, but I am not like that: I am in an inspirational mode all the time, where creativity is something that happens non-stop. Artists have creative powers because mentally they are in a realm of existence that there is no end or no begging, I am talking about the spiritual dimension of existence. Artists are there so there is  no need for inspiration, if you are there you are there and thats it.

2. What led you to being a jewelry maker ?
God wanted me to do that, I didn't do anything. I had nothing to do with it, I just made space in my life for things to happen. We have the strange notion that we must do something, that we must go after things and that reality needs our input to exist, but that's not true. Things are happening even if we don't do something. This has been proven and scientifically in a laboratory in atomic and particle microcosmic level, they observed that phenomenon, of non -stop creation out of "nowhere".  But there is no such thing such as nothingness or emptiness. In the real world creation is happening all the time. Let yourself to it, become a servant of the cosmic machine, I always say....

3. Pericles Kondylatos universe is really special. How would you describe it in 3 words ?
Endless, Magic, Beautiful


















4. We've heard that Lady Gaga wore one of your fantastic crown. How proud did that make you feel ? Could you tell us more about this great story ?
A yes it's a great story and very inspiring. A friend of mine New York based designer Nicolas Petrou who had a collaboration with her, told me three years ago that her team might like what I do and he asked me to send some pictures for her outlook management company: House of Gaga. I did but for a long time nothing happened which was a bit of disappointment because I was very excited when I heard the good news. Then time passed by and nothing happened until a year ago that I heard that Lady Gaga was coming in Athens and I remembered that story so I contacted Nicolas and told him if he could contact these guys but he told that he had no collaboration with them anymore and he knew no one from the team, but he told me to take a piece of jewellery and take it to her hotel and that she is the kind of person that no matter what the schedule  is, if she likes it she will wear it. I thought of it but then I said that this was too inappropriate for my work and that that was not how I used to do things, and that it wouldn't be professional to do such a gesture etc,..etc. But that was a limitation of my mind and when I revalued the circumstances and though it again, I changed my mind not expecting that she would wear it, but I did it as an action of going against the notion that there are improbabilities in life. It was an exercise to go against a way of thinking and I can honestly tell you that I was happy just doing the gesture. Then I took it to her hotel and left it to the concierge and as the lawyer of the Greek company that booked Lady Gaga told me they thought it was a bomb and they panicked. Then they x-rayed it and they saw that it wasn't, they took it off the box and saw it, and didnt know what to do with it,  and then the lawyer saw my card and explained them that I was a well known designer and that he wished to take it to her with his responsibility, After that crisis he took it u to her room to show it to her assistant but that moment Lady Gaga was going out of the bathroom and the Lawyer told her something like: "hello your highness" and she responded something like "Indeed and that's my crown" and she took it off his hands without asking anything and left. Then she appeared wearing it. I was ecstatically happy when I saw her posting it on her instagram and though that I must be a gentleman and send her flowers, and thank her, and I did, and then she posted my note again on instagram and that was the second shock, because she was thanking me!. It's a nice story I think, it gives you a lot to think of....and my experiment was successful...All I had to do was get out of the way (I mean get out of my mental reservations and limitations) and let life happen.

5. Where can we found your incredible pieces of art ?
You can find them at Patricia Field store New York, and at Greek Designer's atelier haute couture Vassilis Zoulias Athens Greece. Vassilis Zoulias is the biggest fashion designer in fashion in Greece and we work together. You can also check my social media and order them directly from me through e-mail.

6. What's next for Pericles Kondylatos jewelry ?

Diamonds and Gold. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment